Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Style

Good morning Readers! This week's 'Friday Style' post is all about...... Hair! Since I am trying to grow my hair I don't like to use hot tools such as curling irons, straightening irons, and blow-dryers too often. Of course I love to curl my hair so it can be a bit of a challenge to choose between styling my hair or just putting in a ponytail to avoid using a curling iron. My solution is to use a no-heat method to curl my hair overnight. There are a few of these you can find around the internet, but the easiest one for me based on my hair length (slighlty longer than shoulder length) is the Headband method. It is super easy and you can see a full video tutorial by clicking on this link: No-Heat Headband curls. The way it works is to put an elastic headband around the top of your head and wrapping sections of damp hair around it. I usually just wet a brush or comb to make my dry hair damp enough. Here is what the finished wrapping should look like:
                   
I also secure this with a few bobby pins because my hair is very smooth and it slips out of it easily. Now comes the easy part...... go to sleep! Or you can also use a decorative headband and use this as an updo for a day! The next morning simply remove the headband, comb through your hair with fingers to untangle any knots, and TA-DA!

Curly hair! Today I wore my hair up since the curls are easier to keep in place than my normal straight hair.

What do you think? Tres-chic no? I am still experimenting with different updos so let me know what you think! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment