Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving Week Challenge


Yesterday I had a tough day visiting a loved one in a place I wish that no one would ever have to go. It made me think about how many people I see everyday who are completely unaware of all the blessings they have in life. That's why this week I challenge each of you to not complain and to find a reason to be thankful instead. For instance, this morning I was running late to work due to circumstances out of my control. But instead of being frustrated and angry, I thought, "At least I have a job." I'm thankful to be able to work each week doing something I find useful and interesting. Everyone has problems to deal with in life, and odds are someone else has problems that are bigger than yours. So whenever you find yourself thinking that things couldn't get any worse, try to be thankful for what you have. I'm thankful to have a roof over my head, to have food to eat, family that loves me, friends that support me, my health, and my general happiness. Remember, somewhere out there some children are going hungry, some people are unable to help themselves, and some people feel like they are at the end of their rope with no one to turn to. This is the time of year that reminds us to be appreciative and to lend a helping hand to each other and those in need. Hope you all have a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment